Here are the instructions for renewing Certbot SSL certificates in AWS Certificate Manager. Certbot provides SSL certificates for free for 60 days and are auto-renewed before they expire. If you are using Certbot SSL certificates with CloudFront, you will need to reimport them to AWS Certificate Manager before expiration.
- Get the latest SSL certificate by running “certbot certificates.”
- Reimport the certificate in 3 parts.
- Certificate Body – the root or top portion of the full chain
- Certificate Private key – the private key
- Certificate chain – the entire full chain containing multiple certificates
- Click Save. Check expiration.
You’ll need to update the certificate before the next expiration date.