Linode Manager is the official Android mobile application for Linode. With this application, you’ll be able to manage and administer your Linodes from anywhere in the world. Here’s a list of things that you can do with this smart phone application:
- Create, remove, boot, and reboot Linodes
- Access Linodes via SSH and Lish
- Resize Linodes on the fly
- Keep tabs on your Linodes performance with CPU, network, and IO utilization graphs
- Create and manage NodeBalancers and domain zones
- Access the complete Linode Library
- Manage your Linode account and make payments
Linode Shell or Lish for short, works primarily with a web browser console in this app. I prefer Chrome with Lish. SSH seems to look for an app called Connectbot. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get SSH to work because it defaults to port 22. I use a different port for SSH, an added security to my Linode.
Having access to the shell terminal from a smartphone is a nice feature to have. Perhaps, you can do perform a couple of updates or simple maintenance functions. However, I prefer to use my desktop if I were to do anything drastic to my Linode.